White Boots for Women
Boots are a staple of fashion footwear for women. But while black boots are the classic favorite, boots made in white or ivory leather can provide an interesting twist on a timeless trend. Here are some things to consider if you're thinking of incorporating a white boot into your rotation of fashion forward shoes.
What style of white boot should you get?
- Ankle Boots. Ankle boots or booties have a short shaft, making them the most versatile style of boots for women--they can be worn with pants or under skirts and dresses without adding bulk. For a subtly chic look, opt for a feminine pair of ankle boots with a high, slim heel. A chunky white pair of Chelsea boots with a flat heel and a contrasting black sole, on the other hand, can give your look a bit of edge. And open-toed booties are a good alternative to sandals in the summer.
- Knee High Boots. Many types of boot, like riding boots and western-style boots, have a shaft that reaches to the knee or just below. A slouchy upper in creamy leather and a high boxy heel make for a boot that's dressy and suited for a night out, while a flat-heeled riding boot is simple, classic, and works for women with a wide range of personal styles.
- Over The Knee Boots. Head-turning and attention-grabbing, thigh high boots are the ultimate statement shoes. Over the knee boots already have a vintage feel to them, so embrace the go-go girl look with a pair in white patent leather.
How do you style a white boot?
- With jeans and a blazer. Women who like a touch of androgyny in their wardrobes with love the look of a white boot with a plaid boyfriend blazer and their favorite pair of jeans. Ankle boots and booties work well under boyfriend jeans, while skinny jeans are best tucked into over the knee boots and thigh high boots.
- With a miniskirt and a black moto jacket. For women who prefer an edgier look, studded ankle boots or knee high boots with hardware accents lend a rocker chic vibe to a denim or suede miniskirt and a black biker jacket.
- With a short sweater dress. A slouchy, chunky-knit dress with a sky-high hemline pairs well with over the knee boots or thigh high boots in winter. Stick to a neutral grey dress for a minimalist look, or go bolder and pick out a dress in an eye-catching primary color.
How do you care for white boots?
White and light-colored boots will look great for years with a little love and care. Unlike black or grey shoes, which disguise dirt, white boots show scuffs and marks easily. Care for your boots by wiping them down after use, investing in a good leather conditioner and some leather protecting spray, and using bootshapers to store your shoes when not in use.