Toro Leaf Blowers and Vacuums
Toro is a manufacturer of landscape maintenance products, including leaf blowers and vacuums which can help you clear leaves and debris such as dirt, sand, or grass. These yard tools can differ greatly from one another in many areas, including speed, power, and motor type. Toro provides several different models of leaf blowers and vacuums.How are Toros leaf blowers powered?
Toro leaf blowers are powered in three different ways, and they are described below:
- Gas: Toro offers some blowers that utilize gas to maximize power and functionality. They also offer portability and power. These blowers do require occasional maintenance and can come in two- or four-stroke varieties. Two-stroke blowers require a mixture of oil and gas to run while four-stroke units require both oil and gas to be added separately.
- Battery: Toros electric, battery-powered blowers are often lightweight. This allows for mobility because they are not restrained by an extension cord. However, these blowers often do have slightly less power due to restraints on the batteries. These electric models are rechargeable and last approximately one hour for a single charge.
- Electric cord: Electric corded blowers also tend to be lightweight, making them easy to store. These Toro products are easy to use, operate at high power, and can be used for as long as you need them without a battery recharge. These blowers are limited by cord length, so they are often chosen for smaller outdoor spaces.
- Clearing leaves and grass: These products can take over the responsibilities of a rake and can be used to gather leaves into a pile in the yard. They can also be used when you need to clear off the driveway or sidewalk after cutting the lawn.
- Mulching: Some leaf blowers have a mulching capability and can suck up leaves and shred them into tiny pieces that are collected in a bag with the vacuum function.
- Vacuum: Some of Toros units can reverse the airflow and be used as a vacuum. These units have bags that can be used to collect the leaves, twigs, and other yard debris. Some of these blowers also have a shredding feature, which breaks down the products as you vacuum, allowing you to work longer without needing to switch or empty the bag.
A leaf blowers power is measured by CFM, which stands for cubic feet per minute, and MPH, which stands for miles per hour.
- CFM: This number measures how much air the machine is able to move each minute. A higher rating equates to increased functionality as your Toro unit can more effectively move or vacuum leaves or other items.
- MPH: This rating notes the speed at which air leaves the blower, and a higher speed correlates to increased functionality while using your Toro product.