Sony Home Audio Record Players and Turntables
Spin your analog vinyl collection into the digital age with one of Sony’s turntables. Sony has produced audio components since 1954, and now the company offers a series of robust record player options for audiophiles. Play records, convert tracks, and take your vinyl sound with you so that you can get your groove on wherever you go.
What are the features of the Sony PS-HX500?
- High-definition digital output to DSD 5.6 M via USB output.
- Belt drive system for stability and natural sound production.
- Built-in EQ supports both phono and line output so you can play through the integrated amp or an external phono EQ.
- New tonearm design for improved durability and stability.
- PC application for digitally recording & editing analog audio up to DSD quality.
What are the features of the Sony PS-LX300USB?
- MP3 conversion via USB output to convert and store your vinyl collection easily.
- Two-speed turntable operates at speeds of 33 1/3 and 45 rpm.
- Built-in diamond stylus.
- Wow and flutter is less than 0.25% (WRMS).
- Signal-to-noise ratio is more than 50 dB (DIN-B).
What computer operating systems are compatible with each turntable?
- The PS-LX300USB can be used with Windows (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10).
- The PS-HX500 is compatible with both MacOS X (10.9, 10.10, and 10.11) and Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10).
What file formats does the recording app output?
- PCM (.wav) — 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz 16-bit or 24-bit sampling bit rate.
- DSD (.dsf) — 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz sampling bit rate.
How do I replace the stylus of my turntable?
The life expectancy of a stylus tip is around 500 hours. To maintain optimal audio quality and make sure your music sounds as it was meant to be, it’s recommended to replace the stylus before reaching the 500-hour limit. Do not push or pull forcefully on the stylus or stylus cover during replacement as this may cause injury or damage the apparatus.
To remove the old stylus:
- Turn off the turntable and unplug its power cord.
- Cover the stylus with the protective stylus cover.
- Grasp the stylus holder gently and pull it downward away from the body of the headshell.
To install your new stylus:
- With the stylus protected by its stylus cover, grasp both sides of the stylus holder, and insert the grip into the cartridge receptacle.
- Push up on the stylus holder until you hear an audible click that signifies the stylus has completely locked in place.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony.