Selecting Vacuum Tubes for Antique or Vintage Radios or TVs
You might be someone who is into maintaining old vacuum tube based electronics for home use or for museum experiences. While vacuum tubes have become mostly obsolete except for uses like Hi-Fi audio systems or microwave radio frequencies, there are still some companies that manufacture tubes to fit modern and vintage items, including Psvane tubes. The brand offers these, along with ranges of amps, preamps, production tubes, and other audio equipment and parts for vintage devices.
What Are the Product Lines for Psvane Vacuum Tubes?
You can find vacuum tubes for pretty much any product that would have originally required them. The follow are the three major product lines manufactures by this company. They focus on making quality replicas of the line since Western Electric Brand tubes stopped production.
- T-Series - These break down into four product categories. There are high end black bottle tubes and a variety of tubes with grey crystallized carbon coating. These two break down further into quality grades. T-Classic Grade are ok to good, so they are less expensive. T-Collection Grade are better to best and cost a bit more.
- Hi-Fi Series - Affordable glass tubes for everyone - these have a thick glass enclosure and improved based and pin. These are ideal replacements for your stock tubes.
- Western Electric Series - These are 100 percent replicas of the original WE vacuum tubes using original specs and even original sources for materials.
Who Uses These Tubes Besides Me?
Because this technology is so obsolete, you may be wondering who, besides you, is interested in purchasing Chinese reproduction vacuum tubes. Here are a few of the uses people still have for Vacuum Tubes today. Vacuum tubes still have some technical advantages over their solid-state replacements. They are resistant to the electromagnetic pulse effect of nuclear explosions.
- Audiophiles - Some people just prefer the sound that comes from the electron transfer that takes place in a vacuum tube in an amplifier. Many musicians like guitarists will go for replicas in order to maintain the sound that they love. The Hi-Fi line is for this kind of enthusiast.
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) - Modern cathode ray tubes are for VFD's because it makes it possible for the filaments in the display to glow at a low frequency and stay at room temperature. This is possible because the distance between the cathode and anode is very small.
- Vacuum Tubes using Field - The field of vacuum nanoelectronics arose in the early years of this century when there was an application for integrated circuit technology that can enhance microwave fields in mobile phones, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi transmission.
Content is provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Psvane.