Men's Lounge Pants
After a long day at work, all you want is a hot shower and something cozy to wear around the house. Men's lounge pants offer a comfortable yet functional fit. Slip into a pair of lounge pants, grab a cup of coffee, and let yourself unwind.What is the difference between lounge pants and pajama bottoms?
Pajama pants and shorts are designed specifically for sleeping. They have a looser, more generous cut than lounge pants, and you can pair them with anything on top. They are commonly constructed of thinner materials, and loud prints, stripes, and patterns are the norm. In contrast, men's lounge pants and shorts tend to have a more tapered fit. Fabrics are more sophisticated than pajama pants, including cotton blends. You're more likely to find lounge pants and shorts in rich solid colors rather than prints. They are often sold as part of a collection that includes assorted tops. When paired with the right top, the lounge look is casual but put-together.Can you wear loungewear pants and shorts outside?
Lounge pants and shorts are great for wearing at home when you're relaxing, reading, cooking, and spending time with friends. If they fit well without too much bagginess, you can also wear them around town. It is not at all uncommon for men to do their shopping and other out-of-the-house errands in lounge pants.How do you choose a fabric for lounge pants?
When purchasing pants to lounge in, consider the benefits of different fabrics:
- Cotton: Cotton is an all-natural, lightweight material. It breathes well and feels soft against the skin.
- Modal: Modal is a type of rayon with a cotton-like feel. Modal tends to resist shrinking, pilling, and fading and holds up well despite everyday use.
- Flannel: Cotton flannel is both breathable and warm, so it is a smart choice for chilly-weather pants. Flannel pants also won't cause you to overheat.
- Fleece: Fleece is oh-so-soft and cuddly, but it breathes less than some other fabrics.
- Silk: Silk has a seemingly magical ability to regulate your body heat. A pair of silk pants will keep you comfortably warm when temperatures dip. On the flip side, when the weather turns hot, silk loungewear will help you stay cool.
Always check washing instructions on your lounge pants before laundering. Machine-washing might be fine as long as you use the "Hand Wash" or "Delicates" setting. When machine-washing silk, do the following to ensure good results:
- Wash your silk lounge pants separately or with only a few items. Consider placing your pants in a mesh laundry bag.
- Wash pants in cool water with a mild detergent.
- Hang pants to dry, avoiding direct sunlight.
- Use the lowest temperature setting if using a dryer or set controls to "air" dry. Remove pants before they are completely dry.
- Turn silk lounge tops and pants inside out if you wish to iron them while they are still damp. Use a cool iron.