Chainsaw Parts & Accessories
Long gone are the days of using axes to cut down trees and massive chunks of timber. A chainsaw is a technological marvel that allows one to cut down huge chunks of timber with ease and in less time. However, just like any device it is made of different parts and has its own accessories. These should be carefully maintained to ensure efficiency and durability of your unit.
What causes your chain to cut improperly?
There are several factors that may contribute to your chain, one of the most important parts of the chainsaw, not as it should:
- If it is your first time using the chain and the chainsaw seems to be burning the wood, then probably its cause the chain has been placed backward.
- If the saw has been cutting fine in the past but its currently experiencing problems, then most likely that the chain has been dulled. This happens when your unit accidentally contacts dirt, for example, cutting wood embedded with dirt such as used timbers will rapidly dull the sharpness of the chain.
- If your unit is cutting crooked, carefully check the guide bar rails and the chain cutters. If the cuter is unilaterally sharp, then sharper side will dig into the wood deeper.
What type of oil should you use for your chainsaw parts and accessories?
The parts especially the chain and bar require continuous lubrication. There is usually an oil tank, which when filled continuously provides lubrication through the automatic oil system. Lack of oil quickly ruins the chain and bar. On the other hand, too little oil will result in overheating thus causing smoke to come out of the chain or even discoloring the bar. Chain and bar oil must flow freely to enable the oil system pump enough oil thus providing adequate lubrication. Genuine Poulan chain oil are recommended for the protection of the unit against excessive damage from friction and heat.
Why is your chainsaw engine not starting?
- Check if the on/off switch is on. Also, ensure that your fuel mixture is less than 80 days old with a mixture ratio of 40:1. Never use fuel from previous seasons.
- A fouled spark plug may also cause an engine to fail to start. In such a case, remove the spark plug and thoroughly clean the electrode using a small wire brush. Also, consider replacing the spark plug if the electrode is wet with gasoline.
- Have a look at the fuel filter and replace accordingly. In cases where the engine will not start and the weather is hot, it might be the cause of the carburetor being vapor locked, caused by evaporating hot gas. In such a case relieve the pressure in the tank by loosening the gas cap.
How do you clean the air filter?
Constantly check your air filter and clean it after every 6 hours of use. Prior to removing the air filter, thoroughly clean the top as well as the area it to keep the debris off from falling into the chamber of the carburetor. Get rid of the saws top cover. Do the same with the filter and clean it using soapy, warm water. Rinse in clean water and air dry prior to reinstalling.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.