BBQ and Grill Covers
No matter what type of grill you have, you want to ensure that it lasts through many grilling seasons. In order to keep your grill safe and secure through the rain and winter seasons, you should use a grill cover to keep the water and other elements out. In order for your BBQ cover to offer proper protection, it should be designed with the type and size of your grill.
What types of materials are BBQ covers made of?
There are three main types of BBQ covers that you can use to protect your grill:
- Polyester covers: Grill covers made from polyester are lightweight and durable. Additionally, these covers also dry quickly once the rains stop, making them desirable for those who live in humid climate.
- Vinyl covers: Covers made from vinyl are waterproof, meaning they protect the grill even if it stays outdoors all year long. These covers are heavier than polyester, though this can make them last longer.
- Canvas covers: Canvas is a heavy-duty material that is also used for boating accessories. Because this material is extremely tough, it makes strong BBQ covers that can last many seasons outdoors in the elements.
What features should you consider when looking for grill covers?
When looking for grill covers, there are five things you should consider:
- Size and fit: The grill cover should be large enough to completely encompass the BBQ. If the fit is not tight enough, water and other elements can get inside.
- Durability: When it comes to a grill cover, you want one that is durable and resistant to the outdoor elements.
- Interior lining: The interior lining of the cover increases the covers resistance to wear and tear. The cover lining should be resistant to mold and mildew.
- Pockets: Some grill covers have pockets that can be used to store BBQ supplies. This way, you always have everything you need when it is time to grill.
- Straps: Covers with straps are designed for those who live in areas that experience a lot of wind. The straps help to keep the cover on the grill.
What maintenance do grill covers need?
The grill cover requires maintenance to ensure that it can continue to properly protect your BBQ against the outdoor elements. Grill covers that are made from non-porous materials, like vinyl covers, only need to be regularly wiped down to remove any dirt and debris that has become caught. There are also a variety of cleaning accessories that can be used to wipe away grease buildup.