Automotive Hand Tools, Parts, and Accessories
Automotive tools, parts, and accessories are practical additions to any tool box. Automotive hand tools are generally conveniently sized, such as ratchets and pliers. With these tools, you can handle various car issues with ease.What are some examples of automotive parts and accessories?
There are several categories of accessories and tools that are useful for working on automobiles, such as these:
- General-purpose tools: This category includes wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, hammers, and flashlights.
- Automotive-specific parts and tools: Headlight bulbs, turn signal lights, brakes, brake pads, and hoses are in this group.
- Maintenance tools and parts: Coolant, oil, brake fluid, and spare tire accessories all come in handy.
- Diagnostic tools: Gauges and sensors can help you assess any problem and come up with a repair solution.
- Power tools: Drills and bits are useful power tools to have on hand for fixing a car or truck.
Every car is going to need maintenance and repairs eventually, and having basic tools makes it possible for you to maintain and fix your car yourself. If you get more specialized automotive hand tools and parts, you can make the job faster and easier to accomplish.What tools should you keep in your vehicle?
There are some basic tools that are useful to keep in your car at all times. These are intended to help with the changing of auto parts and other similar tasks.
- Wrenches, screwdrivers, and ratchets: These are good for a variety of tasks, including changing a tire.
- Tire jacks: These are useful for giving your car some lift when youre changing a tire.
- Jumper cables: In case of a dead battery, you can use these to get a jump.
- Batteries: These can be used to power a GPS or flashlight.
- Seatbelt cutters: These can help you get out of a seatbelt quickly if needed.
- Duct tape: This all-purpose tape is good for many temporary fixes.
- Flashlights: These can help you get a better look under the hood.
There are some basic things that just about every driver might be capable of doing with auto parts if they want to do them. Here are some examples that can get you through some sticky situations.
- Jacking up and changing a flat tire
- Checking and changing oil as recommended
- Charging a battery or jumping a dead battery using cables