Automotive Fender Covers
Keeping the body of their car or truck pristine is a priority for some owners. That is why when you check the engine, perform an oil change, or do any other routine maintenance, it is important to use a fender cover while you are working. This tool can help shield the paint job on any car or truck that you own.What types of fender covers are available?
When you want to shield your fender while working on your car, it is important to have the right cover for the job. These covers come in different options to meet your needs, from liquid-resistant vinyl to displaying the logo of specific car marques and tool brands. Some of the options that you can choose from include the following:
- The size of your fender covers—most standard covers are about 25 inches by 35 inches
- Whether you want to have a slip-resistant back or magnets to secure the cover
- The brand, including tool brands and car brands that fit with your garage decor
- Whether it has additional pockets for easy tool storage while working
Using fender covers is a simple process. For most covers, all you have to do is place it over the fender or other area of the vehicle that you want to keep safe. If you have a cover that has magnets in the corner, you can place these corners around the car body for a better fit over the area you want to keep safe. When you are finished using your fender covers, you can store them away in a drawer or cabinet in your garage.What can fender covers protect your car from?
Because your fender can be one of the most susceptible areas for damage while doing routine maintenance, it is important that this tool shield these areas. A fender cover can shield your fenders from nicks, scratches in the paint, small dings from dropped tools, oil spills, and other fluid spills.How do you care for your fender covers?
Caring for your fender covers is as easy as using them is. Since they protect your fender from all types of dings and spills, you may have to occasionally clean the surface of the cover. The following steps outline how to clean fender covers:
- Remove the cover from the fender and lay it on a flat surface.
- If there are any liquids on the vinyl side of the fender cover, wipe them away with a clean cloth.
- Dust and dirt can also be wiped away with a clean cloth and a little bit of water.
- Store the cover when not in use.