A Useful Buying Guide for Alvarez Acoustic Guitars
Alvarez acoustic guitars provide you with the means to play music that sounds natural, while also allowing you to use the instrument without needing to hook it up to an amplifier or audio system. Whether you're a seasoned professional or beginner who's never picked up a guitar before, these acoustic guitars offer a substantial amount of variety. eBay offers preowned Alvarez guitar models that are built for either right-handed or left-handed players.Does body composition of an acoustic guitar make a difference?
Although the selection of an acoustic guitar comes largely down to preference, the body material does make somewhat of a difference in the audio that's produced by that instrument. The three main types of wood used in the construction of guitars by Alvarez are mahogany, spruce, and rosewood.
- Mahogany - Mainly used for the back and sides of an Alvarez guitar, mahogany is a very dense wood with a darker finish. The tone it produces is very warm but also dark in nature.
- Spruce - This material is among the most widely used for the tops of guitars and is notable for its pale color. This wood produces a rounded tone that's sweet but not overtly bright.
- Rosewood - This tonewood variety offers a smooth and warm tone that's combined with a variety of harmonic overtones. The body of a rosewood guitar is typically dark brown in color, and rosewood is usually seen on the sides and back of a guitar.
The three body types of an acoustic guitar by Alvarez are the dreadnought, parlor, and jumbo. The body type of a guitar largely dictates how the instrument is shaped, but the type can also play a part in how the instrument sounds and the weight of it.
- Parlor - This type of guitar is notable for its very light weight and small size as well as its rich tones and easy playability.
- Jumbo - These guitars offer up robust audio that tends to resonate due to their large size.
- Dreadnought - This body style uses a very large soundboard and includes wide waists and necks with 14 frets. Because of their powerful and lingering sounds, dreadnoughts are used mainly by musicians who play bluegrass music.
eBay has a variety of Alvarez guitars available. You can find guitars that have unique designs from a special collaboration with Alvarez or ones that have been customized. There are also guitar parts to help you with any restoration projects you may be working on. eBay also has quite a few Alvarez guitars that are both acoustic and electric. Some of the guitars listed include a case.What Alvarez acoustic guitar should you choose on eBay?
The Alvarez guitar you select on eBay should meet your needs, and eBay does have categories to aid in your search. These categories are:
- String configuration: You can select a six-string or 12-string acoustic guitar.
- Size: Options are full size, 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, and folk.
- Body type: Options are dreadnought, grand auditorium, jumbo, and parlor.
- Body material: Cedar, koa, mahogany, maple, rosewood, or spruce
- Features: You can pick an acoustic guitar with cutaway or with pickup features.
- Condition: Options are new, manufacturer refurbished, seller refurbished, or used.